Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recap for the weekend

Saturday I went down with my family to Escondido for the events leading to my grandpas funeral.  Once we got down there we just hung out at my grandmas with family and close family friends. We walked around and had some lunch...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
the Andrews kids and grandma Veronica
Photobucket
+the grandkids that were there
Photobucket


Sunday was the viewing for my grandpa which I thought was gonna be really difficult, but it actually helped with closure and he looked a whole lot better then he did the night he passed away. It was a bittersweet situation because we hadnt seen most of our family in YEARS, so it was also like a family reunion and it wasnt all tears. I know my grandpa would have wanted it that way anyways.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I LOVE them!
Photobucket
Auntie Mary and Uncle Dave
Photobucket
Stellas "two papas"
Photobucket
Grandma Veronica even found away to smile that night
Photobucket
Photobucket

Monday morning was the funeral and saying goodbye for the last time was super super difficult.  My grandpa retired from the Navy so he was honored with a full military service. My cousins and I were the pallbearers and although I was more then honored to be apart of that, it was harder then I imagined.  When they folded the flag and handed it to my grandma she burst into tears, something about the military honors, caused the emotions to run even stronger. My grandpa would have been pleased, and I was grateful to have been apart of his life, family, and departure.

Rest in Peace. 

1 comment:

xoxo, Kari said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my grandpa 11 years ago. It was pretty rough. Good thing we have great families. My thoughts are with you and your family.