Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wedding Celebrations...the rehearsal

Over the next few posts I'll be documenting the 36 hours leading up to mine and Ryans wedding and then of course the wedding. I am mainly doing this for myself because I fear if I do not write it all down I may forget and let me just tell you...there are moments that I NEVER want to leave my mind. But in case they do I'll have this to look back on to refresh my memory.

On Thursday, September 9th Carynn and I packed up all the things we needed for the weekend (which felt like I packed my life), had lunch at Las Brasas (only a pregnant bride eats a carne asada burrito the day before her wedding), picked up Stella from school and began our trek to Rancho Bernardo Inn.

In the weeks leading up to this day all Carynn and I could talk about was how we could not WAIT for Thursday/night. It would mean all of our friends would be gathering for the rehearsal, us and some of the other girls would be having some "girl time" and hanging out at the hotel, and the wedding would be in 24 hours!!!

Once we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful property and how nice the staff (in their knickers) were to us. Especially once we told them I was getting married :) They were so helpful and sent complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Which meant champagne for Carynn and Faith...strawberries for me :)

I dont have any pictures from the actual rehearsal but heres the deets:
-windy
-cold
-hungry

Our wedding was taking place at my Uncle and Aunts house in Escondido...they live in the hills up on a hill. COLD. The week leading up to the wedding was strangely cooler then a typical September. Grateful it wasn't 105 degrees but definitely wasn't expecting the 69 degrees and wind that was displaying itself Thursday evening. After the icy rehearsal we headed to BJ's for the dinner part. It was great having everyone we love around just hanging out and eating together. (my two favorite things :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: