Sunday, October 4, 2009

Summer wrap up '09

Well since its 68 degrees outside I figured I should finally blog and blog about the last few highlights of the heated months.

The month of August was pretty busy with work (both my jobs), birthdays, and firsts for my not so baby girl. For my birthday Ryan and I went to Las Vegas. We left early on a Friday morning so we arrived in early afternoon making our 2 1/2 days in Sin City feel extra long.
Photobucket
We enjoyed a tasty dinner at Morton's Steakhouse and caught a hypnosis show at the Tropicana. The show was hysterical and great. We stayed at the New York New York hotel for the first time and it was pretty sweet. Saturday I went shopping...or kind of. Ryan said I could buy whatever I wanted, ANYTHING, of course I could find NOTHING. Except for these sweet AA sun glasses.
Photobucket

Saturday night we went to the Criss Angel/Cirque de Soliel. It was pretty good except for the Criss Angel part :(. It just didnt flow with all the cool music and dancing. But nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves.
Photobucket

MY BOYFRIEND RULES HARDER THEN MOST

Every year I celebrate my birthday with two of my favorite people...Kevin and Lauren who also have August birthdays. This year we wet to P.F. Chang's with 3 of my other favorite people...Ryan, Carynn, and Kevy
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

I also had the honor of being apart of my good friend Shannon Brown's now Shannon LaBares wedding. I met Shannon when she was 16, she was busy in high school being smart and designing sweet band t-shirts :) We became friends pretty soon after we met. I have been doing her hair for quite sometime and of course I was flattered when she asked me to style her hair for her very special day.
Photobucket
I was also able to work along side one my favorite babies...Lil' Nathalie. She did the beautiful make up on all the girls so of course we had a fantastic time working together and I hope that we can do it again!!!
Photobucket
Unfortunately in life there seems to be a sense of new beginnings and excitement its also mirrored with loss and heartbreak. Sunday that same weekend I lost one of my favorite uncles in motorcycle accident. My dads brother Dana was riding his motorcycle down a mountain highway and was struck and killed by another motorcycle. After trying to cope with the loss of my grandpa this past year this came as a devastating blow to me and my family. Uncle Dana was super close to our family and lived nearby in Riverside. He will be missed more then I can even say
Photobucket

Monday August 24th 2009 was a big day for me...my baby...started Pre-K.
Photobucket
It was a really an emotional day for me, but I made it through :) She has now been in school for over a month and she absolutely loves it. I think she will be ready for kindergarten for sure next fall.

Oh and p.s. she got a big girl haircut
Photobucket

and she is 3 going on 13
Photobucket

2 comments:

lil nathalie said...

you know .... i just love you ! <3

Natalie Strickland said...

stella is so precious!