Saturday, August 1, 2009

Catching up on Summer '09

Apparently I am terrible at keeping up my blog so here are a few highlights from the summer thus far...

My wonderful friend Faith came out to visit from Texas at the end of June and Stella and I were able to get out to OC to spend the day with her and Ruby. I was awesome to be able to "catch up" and just hang out with out really having plans or having to be somewhere. I love them and miss them so very much, especially because Stella and Ruby got along SO well. Must be an only child thing :)
Photobucket

I have come to realize that the 4th of July happens to be one my absolute favorite holidays. I love that there's no presents involved, it doesnt HAVE to be spent with family (dont get me wrong, I love my family but the 4th ain't no 25 of Dec you know what Im saying?) Anyways the fact that the whole day can be spent in the pool while consuming much food and adult beverage is FINE BY ME! And the night ends in fireworks...I rest my case.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We spent the day at Carynn's grandparents and ended the evening at the U of R. It was fantastic!

Jess's birthday was that same week and Derek surprised her with a sushi party with all of our friends. I enjoyed myself :)
Photobucket

Another really good friend of mine, Lauren Beck, lives in Arizona with her husband Dan and their beautiful little girl Eden who just turned one. Lauren is from California so all of her and Dans family still lives here. Naturally they celebrated Edens first birhtday out here. Stella and I were able to attend her birthday and it was awesome. I absolutely LOVE Laurens family. They might be loud but they know how to have a good time and they know how to love,
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last Sunday Carynn, Kevy, Ryan and I went to the OC fair. Carynn and I went to see Blondie and Pat Benatar. Blondie RULED and Pat KILLED it! Her voice was incredible! The show was AMAZING!!!! Ryan and Kevy ate a whole bunch fried stuff while Carynn and I were at the show then we all rode some rides together afterwards.
Photobucket
P.S. The margaritas were pretty great too

Carynn is on summer break so we've been hanging out quite a bit. Plus we have a new found love for cooking and swimming so its been quite a productive pass few days. Today we went to Toby Fishers 2nd birthday party. I cant believe that he is 2 already. I watched that little boy come into this world!!! I cant believe he is a little man already!!!! I love him so so much.
Photobucket

Oh and shes big now in case you were wondering....
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie Strickland said...

seriously, 4th of july has to be one of my favorite holidays too. i strive for an all american 4th straight out of the sandlot every year haha.

lil nathalie said...

yay im glad that you posted ! i miss you and im happy to see what has been going on . i cant wait to come back home ! im in desperate need of another girls night out!!!!! <3